I'm Sick

Wednesday, November 15, 2017



I'm sick ... really sick.

How ironic. Just when I've been seriously thinking about Blogging and making it a full time hobby... I get sick. I've even been thinking of monetizing this Blog and earning a little bit of side income from it. And then I get sick. I felt so positive and so excited when I first started this Blog... but now I'm sick. Grrrr. 

It all started out with this simple little thing called dizziness.

Last September and October, I've been feeling dizzy on and off and just dismissed it as a little dehydration problem that will go away once I increased my fluid intake. I was wrong. Glass after glass after glass of water, and the dizziness persisted, plaguing me throughout the day, as if trying to say, "Hey, hello there, do you mind if I hang around for awhile?" 

It got so bad, that I decided to get checked into a hospital for a total workup. And it was found out that my blood count was showing unusually low levels of platelets. The doctor then ordered numerous tests . . . hematologic profiles, blood chemistry, chest xrays and an abdominal ultrasound. And guess what? They found that my spleen is very enlarged, and that there is a sinister looking mass inside it. A big one. Wow. Total shocker. Of all things to find inside my body, they find a mass. I was expecting something different, like an infection maybe? It was just so weird. 

To make things short, I was referred to a Hematogist from a bigger hospital for medical management of my very unusual case. The Hematologist was female, and she was very open and warm, and I instantly felt comfortable with her. She then gave me an overview of what was going to happen. She was suspecting Lymphoma or Leukemia, and wanted to confirm if I truly have it. To do this, I need to undergo what is called a Core Needle Aspiration Biopsy of the spleen. This procedure involves taking out a small tissue sample from my spleen so expert pathologists can analyze it and come up with a diagnosis. The biopsy is set for November 23. That's next week. How exciting! I can't wait! *eyeroll*

So I might have Lymphoma or Leukemia... I should be scared but for some reason, I feel like I'm floating in a different dimension. It just doesn't seem real. I don't even feel sick, except for the occasional dizziness I get from time to time. The only sign that I could really be sick are the purple bruises that appear on my thighs and legs out of nowhere. And of course, the "thing" that's growing in my spleen. 

How creepy. How long has this "thing" been silently growing inside of me?


You Might Also Like

0 comments




♥ Drop Dead Pink ♥