How Make The Best Natural Deodorant

Thursday, October 12, 2017


Looking for a great deodorant? I got great news for you. I have the best deodorant everrrrr! Read on, because I’m fairly sure you’re going to dump your deodorants after reading this post!

Nowadays, there is a growing concern about different deodorants and anti-antiperspirants that we buy in stores. One of these concerns is that store-bought deodorants might be putting people at risk for cancers. Oh boy, this possibility is enough to make me cringe and just ditch my pretty deo bottles in the trash!


But let’s try to dig deeper into this issue, shall we? Do deodorants really put people at risk for cancers? According to studies, most deodorants / antiperspirants contain aluminum-based compounds like aluminum zirconium and aluminum chloride, which act as temporary plugs to our sweat ducts, inhibiting the flow of sweat which causes body odor. Studies indicate that aluminum is not only absorbed in the body, but also deposited in breast tissue. It is  reported that the aluminum levels found in breast fluid aspirate are higher in women affected with breast cancer than those who are not. Some deo’s also contain parabens, which are chemicals that imitate the properties of estrogen, a hormone known to ignite certain breast cancers. However, to date, studies have so far remained inconclusive on this matter.




But think about it. Do you really want to put stuff in your armpits that have even the slightest possibility of giving you cancer? For me, that’s just a big NO-NO. No matter how remote that possibility might be, I’d rather eat bugs ( I heard bugs are healthy for you lol ) than put dangerous stuff in my underarms!

And to be perfectly honest, I’d rather stink and blush red, than get sick and drop dead. Hey, that rhymes!


And so my quest to find an alternative solution for unwanted underarm stink began. I searched for the best way to help my armpits smell fresh and clean all day long, and believe me, there are so many natural remedies that I found! Sooooo many, that it baffled me as to why thousands of people still prefer using the store-bought kind that clearly state aluminum as an active ingredient. Don’t they read labels? Don’t they have any clue at all about the risks? Or is it because they just don’t care?


As for me, I found one homemade remedy that is so amazing, it literally took my breath away the first time I tried using it! Dying to find out? Here it is…. TADA!!!



HOMEMADE COCONUT OIL DEODORANT




Homemade coconut oil deodorant is a natural remedy to prevent underarm body odor. Do you know how amazing coconut oil really is? Coconut oil has so many wonderful benefits. It is great for maintaining an oh-so-smooth and healthy skin. Coconut oil also does wonders for your hair. It also works great  for weight loss. And if your face is pimple city like mine was as a growing teen, then virgin coconut oil will make your acne go away! There are so many coconut oil benefits that I cannot possibly cram into this post. So today I am just going to talk about the wonders of  my “Coco-Deo”, as I call it! I didn’t cook up this deo recipe on my own. I found this recipe being shared again and again on many internet blogs, and I am sharing it here, hoping you will benefit from it like I have, and hopefully rid the entire world of smelly armpits without resorting to cancer-causing junk!


WHAT YOU NEED:

Virgin coconut oil, Baking Soda, Cornstarch, Essential oil (lavender, jasmine, or any), and that’s pretty much it!


WHAT TO DO:

1. In a mixing bowl, mix 6 tbsp of baking soda and 6 tbsp of cornstarch together.  Add 3 tbsp of coconut oil and mix them thoroughly to make a paste. Put a little bit of scented oil, like around 5 drops (this is optional), such as rose oil, peppermint, tea tree oil or lavender to make your mixture smell really nice.

2. Mix them all until it all becomes a paste. What we are aiming for is to get a paste-like consistency with our mixture. Add a little more baking soda or cornstarch if the mixture is not thick enough, or add coconut oil if the mixture is too solid. Once you achieve a smooth paste, then you are ready to go.


3. Using a spoon, put the mixture in a jar or any container of your choice. Like me, you can be creative and put them in pretty little bottle containers and give some to your friends!



4. To apply your homemade coconut oil deodorant, simply dip a finger lightly on the mixture and apply on your underarms. Super easy, isn’t it?


5. Store your bottles in a cool place. For those of you living in warmer places, store in the fridge! This recipe will last for 3 months or longer depending upon usage.


My Coco-Deo works really great for me. Even my friends have commented on how well it works for them too. A friend of mine who has super sensitive skin did give me some feedback that she developed a rash. I told her to reduce the ingredients’ measurements evenly, and after doing so, she reported that her rash did not come back. Best thing of all, she is still odor-free even with the reduced measurements.


One of the best things about homemade coconut oil deodorant is that you can be assured that it is 100% natural and safe. The problem with many commercial deodorants today is, they are advertised as “natural” as well. It is really very important to read the labels each time you buy a product. As the saying goes, ignorance is not an excuse. We really have to make a conscious effort and be self-aware at all times.


So, are you ready to dump your deodorant for good? Try my Coco-Deo and see if it works for you too! Do you think it’s worth a try? Comment below and tell me what you think! If you have more ideas and alternatives, I'd love to hear about them too :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments




♥ Drop Dead Pink ♥